What gear do you guys recommend to ride a high power e-Scooter?

I’ve bought a VSETT 10+, I’m still waiting for it to arrive, but I’m trying to be ready for when it gets here. So I was wondering, what kinda gear do I need to drive it safe? like, what kinda helmet, knee/elbow pads, gloves? Which one do you recommend? how much do they cost? Any specific recommendations?

Thanks for your help.

Excited for you to receive it! I would definitely wear a full face helmet with knee pads and elbow pads. Even some upper body armor. You won’t need it 99.9% of the time but I would rather be safe than sorry.

I loved the VSETT 10+.

1 Like

Definitely a full face helmet, knee and elbow pads, and if you plan on riding at max speeds I recommend a motorcycle vest with spine protection. Eventually you’ll end up buying a variety of protection equipment based on how you plan to ride.

1 Like

how about gloves? do you recommend some? which ones?

I dont plan to go fast at 1st until I get more comfortable with it … but I’m sure I will at some time. I just wanna be prepared and have the required gear, lke Andrew said, better safe than sorry.

I have these as my main gloves: https://www.amazon.com/ILM-Motorcycle-Motorbike-Powersports-Paintball/dp/B019U0KRGC/ref=mp_s_a_1_17?dchild=1&keywords=motorcycle+gloves&qid=1618431500&sr=8-17

1 Like

For casual slower scooters (15mph and under), I recommend at minimum a bike helmet and gloves. For the higher end models (18mph +) I recommend protection on the level of hardcore mountain biking… Full face helmet, knee and elbow protection, good padded gloves. Yes it is a scooter, but hitting the asphalt while going 40mph can leave you with serious injuries. Get equipment that breathes well and is pretty light. If it makes you sweaty and tired from wearing them, you will use that as an excuse to not wear it.

3 and dual drive if yours has it.

If you are riding an e-scooter like our Ultra 5000 which is a 25 mph+ I suggest wearing gloves ,helmet, knee pads, elbow pads and a firm jacket. Check our website techtron.co, come and join the techtron community, Thank you

I just discovered the Predator DH6-Xg helmet thanks to Jimmy Cheng’s YouTube channel. It’s an awesome light-weight helmet for scooter riding. It’s pricey but you get a lot of extra goodies that generally don’t come with the more expensive helmets. Oh, and EEVEE’S out of Canada provided top notch customer service with my purchase of the helmet. If you’re interested, you can see the video of my first impressions after testing it our on the Dualtron X2 on my YouTube Channel HERE.

Also, you can look at more of the products offered on EEVEE’S HERE.

Absolutely, safety should always be a top priority for e-riderrs on scooters, especially at higher speeds. For casual slower e-scooters (15mph and under), a bike helmet and gloves are a good starting point to protect against potential falls. However, for those riding higher-end models (18mph +), it’s crucial to step up the safety game

1. Helmet: Full-face for protection.
  2. Gloves, Pads, Jacket: Armored for safety.
  3. Clothing: Motorcycle gear for impact.
  4. Eye Protection: Goggles or sunglasses.
  5. Visibility: Reflective gear for safety.
  6. Shoes: Closed-toe with ankle support.
  7. Hydration Pack: Stay hydrated.
  8. Lock: Secure when parked.
  9. The outdoor thrill