Is this Kaabo Wolf King defect something to worry about?

I saw this on Reddit. I don’t know the details, but should Kaabo Wolf electric scooter owners be concerned?

1 Like

This is the first time I’ve seen this type of failure with the Wolf King. I’ll need more details before jumping to conclusions. I’ve owned the Wolf Warrior for a year now and it has endured a lot of ruff roads. I see many riders doing jumps and wheelies with their scooters. I can see where something like this would happen in those types of riding styles.

3 Likes

We’re still digging for the details. This is what we’ve learned so far about some of the recent accidents:

2 Likes

Wow! This was quite a revelation. Since reading this article, I’ve inspected my Wolf Warrior thoroughly to see if there are any stress fractures that could result in a similar issue.

I’ve ridden the Wolf Warrior for a year now on a variety of terrains and so far so good when it comes structural failures. But this issue had made me a lot more cautious.

3 Likes

Anything mechanical can fail. The question is whether this was due to a defect that is more widespread or if this was just a freak occurrence.

2 Likes

Here’s another. :pensive:

It’s a real worry… I’m talking to my dealer, but they are in the dark. That reddit thread mentions a new forged lower (instead of cast). Makes sense…
Downhill mountain bikes all have straight-thru axles, I’m guessing for similar reasons.

1 Like

Technically, a fork in a front drive setup needs to be way strong in order to resist (accept) the motor torque trying to twist the axle. Bicycles don’t have this issue unless they have a hubmotor in the wheel.

LD