Has anyone put an Airtag into their escooter?

3 Likes

I was actually thinking about this a while back as they would be eaisly hidden on or within the deck but always thought they were bluetooth only so had to be within a certain range. So do they work similar to or in conjunction with ‘Find my phone’? Cheers. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I looked into this and almost bought one in order to feel better in case of theft, but Apple has pretty much rendered Airtags useless for any anti-theft reasons of your property. Airtags are only for YOU to locate your stuff. They added a feature that is supposed to prevent stalking by warning the person who took your stuff with an Airtag on it by messaging their phone and the tag will beep so the thief can locate it easy and just pop it off. This is insanely stupid of Apple and I think they are missing the point of wanting to tag and keep track of your stuff. Airtags will communicate with ANY iPhone that is near it and relay that info back to your account, but it also means if the thief owns an iPhone, they too will get notified that an Airtag is on them. Then they just listen for the beeps and pop it off. So I’m guessing if your Airtagged item was stolen, you’d have about 5-10 minutes before they were notified and the beeping started. Once I found that out, I will never buy one.

1 Like